Feb 6, 2015

Bit by the Organization Bug

Some say the messier the home, the better the parent. This makes me feel so much better about the giant overload of toys spread across my living room at all times of the day, the leaks inside the fridge of Livi's prepared food, and the mounds of laundry that I can't ever get to fold and put away properly. It's just not gonna happen--I'd much rather spend my couple of hours a day with my child than sorting the mail that's been piled up on the counter for weeks. But with the new year, I've promised myself to try to get some organization back into our home for the sake of my sanity! In the beginning of January I made a list of all the areas I want to tackle and have been working on them little by little, one at a time, after Livi goes to bed of course!

The first area on the list was the disastrous gift wrap section of the office closet. Eventually the whole office will get an organized makeover, but in the meantime this area had to be cleaned up. I wish I had a "before" picture--there were ribbons, wrap, bows and cards everywhere! I actually use all of this a lot so I figured a little investment to get it organized is worth it. There are so many options out there and I got tons of ideas from other bloggers, but this little cart was a perfect match! (BTW, I bought it on super-sale!) It's got 12 drawers--the larger bottom ones are for gift bags and tissue paper, the middle ones are for bows and ribbons, and top ones are for scissors, tape, cards and birthday banners. I was able to get the gift wrap rolls to stand up in the corner where I can see them, next to the gift boxes. There's a convenient table-top where the paper cutters and sticker machine will live. And last but not least, the castor wheels will allow me to take it out as often as needed. 

And I even organized my cards in an accordion folder I had laying around!


Ahh so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)