Aug 20, 2012

Honey, Oh, Sugar Sugar!

Another addition to my honeycomb collection! Meet my new Honeycomb Pull Apart Cake Pan from William Sonoma!

When I saw this at the WS by my job one day, I knew I had to have it. I saw myself actually putting some effort into my baking skills. And that's exactly what I did this week. I decided to try an easy recipe to get the ball rolling and it came out awesome! You proud?

I wanted to stick to the whole theme and made a "Honey" Bun Cake but in reality there was no honey involved. Just a whole lotta brown sugar and cinnamon!

"Honey" Bun Cake from AllRecipes.com
Ingredients
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (the secret weapon!)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs and sour cream. Stir by hand until most large lumps are gone. Pour half of the batter into an ungreased 9x13 inch glass baking dish (my metal pan worked just fine with these instructions). Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the batter in the cake pan. Spoon the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown sugar and cinnamon. Twirl the cake with a butter knife or icing knife until it looks like a honey bun (I mixed mine all up!).
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Frost cake while it is still fairly hot. Serve warm.
  4. To make the frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.

1 comment:

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)