Feb 20, 2012

Simple Shoe Math

If I won the lottery, I'd spend 30% on handbags, 30% on clothes, and 30% on home decor {10% will be invested into stock because I'd eventually need more money for more handbags, clothes, and home decor}. But I probably wouldn't bother buying heels. They're not my thing. As much as a girly girl people think I am, I suck at wearing heels, and would much rather live in flats than spend my time walking in torturous pain. But not in 2012--I made a resolution to woman up!


My sister gifted these for me for my birthday and I wore them out to dinner and dancing. Dinner was tolerable, dancing was NOT. As awesome as they are, they must stick to being just "dinner shoes". After years of analyzing why I'm such a wuss, I finally accepted that there's a mathematical formula to this: The heel to platform ratio. It determines the incline, and therefore determines the comfort/tolerance level.{LOL I'm cracking up at myself just writing this} So here's how I have to measure each time I shop:


I know this seems like common sense, but I think I finally got it. Get ready feet, 2012 is going to be fun! I just pray to shoe gods that the platform trend never goes out of style! Who's with me?!

OK shoe found here
OUCH shoes found here
*Note: I made up my own heel height numbers to keep the math easy!

5 comments:

  1. This is the second post I read today about a girly girl not into high heels! (can't even remember where the first one was). So surprising! I love heels but I do think we all have a love/hate relationship with them. I mean the term "comfortable heels" is like an oxymoron. I like to stick with wedges and things like that that provide more support...as your diagram shows! Then there are those shoes that are, again like you said, just "dinner shoes". There's a time and place for both heels/flats...and luckily lots of cute flat options these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your devon mirror?? I am looking for one and I love yours! If you could comment back on here that would be great! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I actually got it at HomeGoods a few months ago but I was there pretty recently and there were some still there. It's pretty tough at those kinds of stores because you will have to keep going back to see if any new ones come in, but do it--so worth it! :)

      Delete
  3. Amen to that. I hate heels too. But nothing makes the tush and legs look better. What would we do without platforms and wedges!

    ReplyDelete

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)