Jul 15, 2011

Sweet & Salty Salmon Recipe

Deeeelish! My cousin loves to cook. I want to love to cook. I've been trying to get a little creative in the kitchen lately and I asked her to send me some of her favorite recipes for a lil inspiration. This one was just up my alley.

Sweet & Salty Salmon

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. salmon fillets
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, divided {I used light brown sugar}
  • 1 tsp. lemon pepper, divided
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder divided
  • 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, minced {I didn't use this and it was perfectly awesome without it}
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
Prep for Marinade
Rub salmon with about 1 tbsp of brown sugar. Lightly sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic powder; rub seasoning into fish.

Into a small saucepan set over medium heat, pour soy sauce and olive oil. Stir in ginger and remaining brown sugar, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in orange juice.

Place fish and marinade into a resealable plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 3 hours.

Time for the Real Deal
Preheat broiler. Place fish in a foil-lined baking pan. Reserve marinade.

Broil fish 4 minutes. Remove from oven and baste with marinade. Return to oven and broil 2 more minutes. Turn fish and broil until fish flakes easily, about 4 more minutes. {I had to do an additional 4 minutes} Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

Serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli...and wine of course!

Thanks Artie :)

1 comment:

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)