Jun 15, 2011

Domesticating Myself

Woo! Last night I made a totally new meal without following a recipe FOR THE FIRST TIME! I'm proud of my Coconut Curry Mahi Mahi! Most people I know don't really like curry, or Thai food for that matter, but I have grown to really like it in the last few years. Here's my little meal inspired by Moon Thai, my favorite!


P.S. This is not the real photo but something close (and much prettier) I found online.


Melz's Coconut Curry Mahi Mahi

Ingredients:
2 fillets of Mahi Mahi
1 cup of frozen peas & carrots
3 tsp of curry powder
¼ can of coconut milk, ¼ can of coconut milk
½ cup of water, ½ cup of water
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste

Steps:
1. Thaw the fillets of fish. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper on both sides and set aside.

2. In a pan, sauté the olive oil and curry powder. Add ¼ cup of coconut milk and ½ cup of water and let it boil for a few minutes. Add fish and frozen peas & carrots to pan and let it boil. Turn fish every 3 minutes.

3. Add other ¼ cup of coconut milk and other ½ cup of water and continue to turn fish for another 5-10 minutes until it is thoroughly cooked. If you prefer for it to be more watery, add more coconut milk and water as needed.

4. Serve over brown rice with roasted asparagus.

5. EAT!

1 comment:

  1. I just made it! It's delicious and my husband lives it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)