Dec 7, 2010

Honeymoon Cruise: Port #5 Palma de Mallorca

Palma de Mallorca is the capital of the Balearic Islands off the coast of Spain. It also has so much history and the city is just so pretty and clean. My hubbs did some research and found that the highest rated activity to do in Palma de Mallorca is to take a wine tasting tour…and boy were they right! We booked the tour and hopped on the bus that took us all around Palma to see the most important landmarks, such as the cathedral, marina, and shopping areas. Then the bus dropped us off at a vineyard called Macia Batle, where we got an extensive tour of the winery and did some sampling of their red, white, and port wines, and also their olive products. If you know me, you know I love me some olives! I couldn’t help myself from coming back for seconds, thirds and fourths and…etc. We stocked up on some bottles of wine (which caused us some issues at the airport later on…ugh!) and headed back to the ship pretty drunk and full. Our day in Palma de Mallorca was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)