Sep 22, 2009

Engagement Party: THE DECOR (Part Three)

My initial vision for this party was to have a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme. I first fell in love with the idea from the 2007 Martha Stewart Throws a Today Show Wedding. She worked on a wedding that was held at the actual Tiffany's store in NYC, and it was a brunch so the theme was perfect! Since my party was at night, I figured using the Tiffany blue color and diamonds all throughout the decor would suffice.

Dessert Table
  • Engagement cake made by Nicky
  • 3-tier silver stand with hanging gems, chocolate covered strawberries made by my sister, cream puff desserts
  • Digital frame flipping pictures of Fiance and I
  • Cork frame with congratulatory cards and old school pictures
  • Diamond gems

Beverage Table
  • Champagne tub
  • Swirly champagne glasses
  • Our famous engagement picture framed
Hors D'Ouevres
  • Melon sticks wrapped in prosciutto
  • Olive and cheese pinned with flags that read "Nelson & Melissa are Engaged"
  • Teriyaki and pineapple meatballs
  • Shrimp and cocktail sauce
  • Bruschetta with garlic toast
  • All on Tiffany blue and white servers!

Table Setting Outdoors
I was so excited to have everyone sit all together. We had a whole plan in place, but Mother Nature had her own plans. The rain continued all night, and some tables had to be moved inside last minute. How awful!
  • White tablecloths with Tiffany blue and white swirly runners
  • Diamond gems spread all over the runners
  • Tiffany blue cloth napkins rolled up into my own version of gemstone napkin rings
  • Small vases with white hydrangeas and white roses
  • Small tea lights
  • Hanging teal lanterns
  • The Christmas lights on trees never got to be turned on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)