Jul 20, 2009

My Own Miami Vice

I had such a good time, I haven't stopped thinking about it! Viceroy Miami (or Icon at Brickell's residences) is Miami's very own Disney World, in my opinion. We took advantage of Miami Spa Month's specials and booked Canvas Massages at Viceroy. Ok, I'll admit it...my real purpose for booking the Viceroy is that ginormous yellow chandelier I've been obsessing over!

From the lobby to the pool, spa, game room, poolside cafe, everything was UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING! It's a little bit of Hollywood Glamour mixed with Mod Baroque sprinkled with weird & quirky. There was not one thing I saw where I wasn't stimulated or amused by its beauty. And no matter how much I try to describe it to you, it still wouldn't mean a thing until you see it for yourself. So I did some research on the designer, Kelly Wearstler, and she is my new favorite icon (no pun intended). She worked with one of my favorite product designers, Philippe Starck, who I will devote a separate post to later because he deserves it THAT much.

In the meantime, I leave you with some of my Spa ratings and photos to make you swoon. Please go visit, PLEASE! You won't be disappointed. Ratings based on 1 (poor) to 5 (fab).

Spa amenities: 4 (cold/hot pools were beautiful)
Therapist: 2.5 (I've had better)
Robe: 2 (No plushness and it was short!)
Slippers: 5 (They were Havaianas!)
Locker Room: 5 (Gorgeous and full of great freebies)
Temperature: 1 (A/C wasn't working and it was HOT)
Music: 5 (Not the typical ambient crap. It was good, soothing coffee bar music)

Infinity Pool overlooking Brickell Key

Random pig, rooster and bunny lamps

Huge flower pots
Theater Room with plush velvet blue couches
This is what makes my dreams sweet! Over 5000 parts to this chandelier!
Inside the Locker Room
Crazy shotgun lamp in the Poker/Pool Room
Weaving through a maze of Humongous Heads to get to the Valet

1 comment:

  1. janelle went here for her bday in april! SHE TEXTED ME THE PICTURE OF THE POOL AND THE CHANDELIER. sooo dreamy and unbelievable! we want to go here before her wedding day. :) youre so luckyyyyy!!! next time i'm in miami, you have to take me to one of these....we'd have so much fun!! luv you!

    ReplyDelete

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)