Jun 11, 2009

Day 3 & 4 in Playa

Ok, I know what you're thinking. "All she writes about is how great Playa is. There HAS to be something that sucks." Sorry to disappoint you, buds! It keeps getting better and better. I hope each and every one of you comes here so that you can see it for yourself!

Last night we went for dinner at Playasia, an Asian gourmet playland of sorts recommended by Mr. Mardini himself. From the outside, you would never believe there is a whole world of Asian-themed ponds and treehouses inside. It's an open restaurant and all of the tables sit on bridges. Coy fish swim right under you! There are also some private "treehouses" that have amazing hanging chandeliers. At the end of our yummy meal, they asked us to feed their fish. I had a blast playing with them! (I was able to upload this pic but it took FOREVER!)
Anyone who knows me, knows I hate breakfast food. I just do. Not a fan of eggs or omellettes or anything but bagels in the morning. This morning we had to check out La Cueva de Chango. Another hole-in-the-wall that completely surprises you once you step foot inside. It's a cave with really pretty hanging lanterns inside. My mom would be proud. I actually ate all my breakfast! I couldn't pass it up!

Then, we were off to the beach again. This time we went to Kool Beach Club. We took a sailboat ride to the waters between Cancun and Playa and snorkeled a bit. Our sailor dude got brave and started racing another sailboat. Do you know how fast a sailboat can go??! Crazy!

Hasta manana, amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)