Dec 10, 2012

Book Report: The Paris Wife


Another one crossed off the list! I finished The Paris Wife by Paula McLain on audio book last week and it was nice to read something in another time period for once. I first heard the bridged version and it was the best audio book I've ever listened to. It was like watching a play with sounds and multiple actors. But when I listened to the full version, it wasn't as animated and actually dragged on a bit. I had heard wonderful things about this book, but now that I've read it, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

This is the story of Ernest Hemingway at the start of his career in the words of his wife, Hadley. I had an image of Hemingway in my mind, and let's just say that I guess I really didn't really know of him too well. There is something about this time period that attracts me, and I wish I loved the story as much as I love the idea in my head. Overall, I was interested in the story, but not so much in this book.

Here's a tip: If you're going to read this book, watch Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris before. It helps to picture all of the characters and completely set the scene in my head, at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)