Apr 4, 2012

Summer Skin

Yes ma'am! I've got another product review for you...and this time it's a double! Just in time for Summer.

While gearing up for my sis-in-law's wedding, I realized there's no way I can show my pale, nutritionless-looking, skin in that bridesmaid dress next weekend. It won't be very nice of me to disgust people with my veiny yuckiness. I've done the tanning booths and #1 it's not all that safe, and #2 I still always end up burnt (probably because I'm just too white) and I don't feel like being in that pain all over again. So after lots and lots and LOTS of research, I grabbed my corporate employee discount and headed straight to Sephora to pick up the St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse.

It had great reviews and decided to give it a pre-wedding shot in case any disasters occur and I was pleasantly surprised. I used the Tanning Mitt to apply the mousse and it was easy to smear and easy to fix up any streaks I might have left behind.

At first, there was a nice smell to it, but after the 4 hours it recommends you wait to shower, it smelled like the usual self tanner we all know and hate. Tolerable, though. It recommends that you re-apply 2-3 times per week, so I will start the process next week to get a nice color for the weekend.

But the best part... the Sephora salesperson HIGHLY recommended that I use DermaDoctor's KP Duty before I apply the self tanner. I use a body scrub each and every day so my skin is already pretty supple :) or so I thought until I tried this sample! WHOA!

It's meant for really dry skin or 'chicken skin' (small annoying bumps that come with age), and will leave you feeling like a baby's butt right after you rinse! I swear--it's incredible! Cleared up all the dry skin cells I didn't even know I had.

Let me know if you use either of these; I would love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)