Sep 13, 2011

Massive Missoni Madness

I was anticipating the 'Missoni for Target' debut like a 6 year old at 11:59pm on Christmas Eve. Bad! I didn't even want to blog about it because I didn't want to add to all the hype already going on in the blogosphere. If you don't have a clue about what I'm talking about, you must be living under a rock. {sorry but it's true} Target announced their designer collaboration with Missoni a couple of months ago. Missoni one of my favorite designers--a super-awesome Italian luxury designer line of women's and men's fashion, home accessories, and lots of other amazing things with their world renowned zigzag print. It's famous and expensive and I thought I would never be able to own a Missoni garment in a million years...enter chic-cheap Target line.

I did my homework. I studied the lookbook, made a priority list of the items I wanted to hit first, and I thought I was prepared for the September 13th launch. Little did I know, the whole entire United States of America did their homework too. I took an early lunch break and headed to Midtown and what did I find?!? NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. Everything was already gone. So depressing.




The Target website had crashed early in the morning due to high traffic, and it's still down! There were at least 50 women there harassing the Target employees for more merchandise, 'items in the back', specific times and dates of when new items are to arrive. It was nuts.
Image from unknown source

I was able to make it out alive with ONE Missoni item! It's a little damaged but I didn't care. WINNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)