Jan 5, 2011

Wedding Reviews: Paper and Printing

I tried to DIY as many things as possible. Having basic knowledge of some design programs, I thought I would take a stab out of designing some of the wedding collateral. I ended up creating the place cards, menu cards, wine bottle labels, monogram for dance floor, monogram for napkins, vodka luge sign, and some other miscellaneous items. After hitting the first designer’s block, I wanted to quit and run straight to my designer friend. But I stuck through it and I’m pretty happy with my pieces. They’re not the coolest, most awesome designs in the world but they were mine so I’m OK with them. :)

Paper and More, A

I purchased all the fancy metallic paper from Paper and More and I thought they were great! The quality is professional, the price is the best I found online, and it shipped right away.

AlphaGraphics, A

I was able to print some things at an undisclosed location, but other things needed a bit more of a nicer touch. Staples was going to charge me a fair price for printing, but apparently their printers could not support the extra thick paper I had. I remembered passing by AlphaGraphics once, and stopped in to check it out. They had just opened this location and their equipment is brand-spanking-new. The owner, Bharat, was really helpful and the price was great. They do everything from designing, to printing, mailing, direct marketing and so much more. My designs printed beautifully on the metallic paper. Check it out for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)