Dec 22, 2010

Wedding Reviews: MakeUp Artistry by Jessie, A+


I had a pretty tough time finding a makeup artist who was both talented and affordable for myself and the bridesmaids. I found that most MUA who are referred by Knotties charge an arm, a leg, and both kidneys. I understand that makeup is very important because any crappy job can make you look like a hooker for your wedding pictures. But $500 for the bride!?!? Seriously!? I won’t name any names but I was just floored when I saw that contract come in. And the other MUAs I found were already booked. Thankfully, my florist/coordinator referred me to Jessie Sierra from MakeUp Artistry by Jessie. I swear, I felt like I’ve known her all my life! She came over to my house for a trial and we hit it off. I’m not a big fan of lots of makeup, so I made some little changes and she pulled it off perfectly! I didn’t even doubt for one second about booking her for my wedding and the bridesmaids. Her prices are affordable and she was extremely accommodating! Throughout the months before the big day, Jessie and I kept in touch and I would even share non-makeup-related wedding updates with her—she has great ideas! The day of the wedding, she was on time (and of course I wasn’t—sorry Jessie!) and she made my day so fun! She calmed me down when my butterflies started up, and she even took pictures for me when we all did a pre-wedding champagne toast! She brought an assistant, Osi, who was also really sweet and did an amazing job. Everyone’s makeup came out FAB and I felt like a princess :) I know I will be booking Jessie for future makeup jobs…you should too!

2 comments:

  1. not only did you make me blush, but now i am teary eyed!!! thank you thank you thank you for your BEAUTIFUL words. i loved you and your sister at first sight, too:):) it was a true pleasure working with you , your friends and your family. osi and i had a great time! loved every minute of it.

    to a lifetime of honeymoon bliss:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaw this is so encouraging & this makes me really happy. It was my pleasure being part of one of the most important days in your life. I look forward to working with clients like yourself and all the people we worked with on your wedding day!

    Wishing you the best now & always,

    Sincerely,
    Osi

    ReplyDelete

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)