Dec 27, 2010

Wedding Reviews: Lila Francis, C

I love, love, love anything handmade, hence my Etsy addiction. But, anything handmade + wedding-related? = gimmie!

I found Lila Francis' handmade hangers on one of the blogs I stalk and I had to have it. I could just see my beautiful dress hanging ever-so-fabulously on a pretty hanger displaying my new last name. Well, my new last name barely made the character limit so I went with our initials and a heart instead. I placed the order and saw that it would then take 8 to 10 weeks to be shipped! (and it really did take that long!) But it was finally sent with a cute little thank you note and I was happy with it...Until I hung my dress from it! This hanger is definitely not made for dresses made of lace or with lots of detail. It was really flimsy and bent all the way down once I hung my dress from it. Needless to say, I couldn't use it for my wedding photos and it's still all bent out of shape because there was no way to get it back to its original state. I recommend this product only for hanging lingerie (but who does that!?), a silk robe, or anything reeeally light. Boo.
This is how it's supposed to look:


This is how mine looks after trying my best to put it back into shape:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)