Dec 31, 2012

Last DIY Try of 2012: Charcoal Gray Bar Cart

You can call us Mr. & Mrs. DIY after the week we've had! During this Christmas vacation we tackled a bunch of projects that have been on the back burner for some time. It feels SO good to get them taken care of and crossed off the list--especially with the new year starting tomorrow bringing truth to the good old saying: Out with the old and in with the new!

Here's a little something we finished up this week--my brand new bar cart! After searching high and low for a bar, I finally found this geometric cart at HomeGoods for just $100! Bar carts can cost as much as $1,000 so this was definitely a score (and with my $60 credit, it came out to just $40!) I loved the shape and lines but the only problem was...it was red and won't match at all with my decor!

So with just a little Rustoleam Charcoal Gray spray paint, it's now perfect for our family room!




I put our bottles on the top rack (some are half empty, I know!), and a couple of whiskey decanters, a metal/leather box filled with shot glasses, and bar tools on the bottom rack.

I searched online for more of these bar carts for you, but only found some here that are $975 each! I suggest you try HG's in your neighborhood instead for a fraction of the price. :)

1 comment:

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)