Jun 28, 2011

I'm Sea Fan's Biggest Fan

Like I've said before, I'm a teeny-tiny bit superstitious. I heard that seashells shouldn't be used as home decor because it brings bad luck. Of course, I'm sure it's a silly myth but I still avoid it like the plague because #1. I'm senseless and #2. I don't need the potential of any type of bad luck in my life. I like it just the way it is, thank you very much! But coral...coral is technically NOT a seashell right? In my book, coral doesn't count so it's my new BFF. I found this great DIY coral sea fan artwork below and decided to try my own spin.


Here is my DIY version!
These sea fans are hung up in the small 'wash room'. I found the fans at HomeGoods for $6 each and again politely asked my hubby to spray paint them in silver so they really shine! I placed them inside shadow boxes from Michael's with shimmery green scrapbook paper. The shadow boxes were also spray painted to flat white.

Check out these other great sea fan project ideas! I just made up a new superstition - these are actually GOOD LUCK and should be in every home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)