Aug 19, 2009

A Special Announcement

A very special interruption for my very special announcement...

We're engaged!!! (Nelz & Melz A.K.A. Melson) I still can't believe it! I'm in total shock. I never expected it would happen yesterday! I'm am the luckiest girl in the world and couldn't be happier! My dreams came true! So I know what you're thinking, "How random was this Tuesday proposal?!" Here's how it went down...

My fiancee's (OMG!) biggest concern was that I would be caught completely off guard. After multiple date changes he settled on a random Tuesday because I would never expect it. Louis and Scarlette invited us to a Miami Spice double-date. I was excited when they said we should "do it big" and go to Mandarin Oriental's Azul. But honestly, I was feeling so sick, had a huge headache, and even felt a fever! I was definitely NOT in the mood to get all dressed up but my sister insisted that jeans were NOT allowed and I had to look my best. So I got home from work, changed into something pretty, and was able to feel fine enough to go.

Our reservations were at 8:30pm and at about 8:35pm Louis called Nelson and let him know that they would be late because they were stranded on the side of the road with a blown--no, shredded--tire. It was all part of the scheme but I totally fell for it. (If you know Louis, he is a very convincing story teller :) So we decided we would just hang out in the lobby and wait for them. After driving for about 20 minutes looking for the place, we finally found it. It was AMAZING! I followed him out to a balcony overlooking the bay and that's when he popped the question. I honestly don't really remember anything that was said! But I do remember that he was so nervous and when I hugged him, his temperature felt like 110 degrees! I was in shock, I cried non-stop, and finally said "Yes Babe!" It was perfect. AND MY RING IS PERFECT! He did a great job! He immediately pulled out a camera and started taking photos--he thought of everything!

The Maitre D' congratulated us and sat us down for a beautiful dinner. To our surprise, the jeweler sent us a bottle of wine and the restaurant staff served us a congratulatory dessert tray! I cried all through dinner and couldn't even eat! My nerves were shot! We talked about how far we've come in the last 8 years together and how excited we are to spend the rest of our lives happily ever after.

It was the perfect night. Here are some pictures to attest. Note my puffy crying eyes!

My sister had a celebration waiting for us at their house with champagne and homemade "engagement" cupcakes! I cried lots more and then felt sick again...But there was nothing that could ruin my night! I'm getting married to *him*! :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG my Perez sister, loved reading about the engagement and cried like a true preggers. Congrats and to many years of love, laughter and happiness.

    xoxo!
    Jess Lantos

    ReplyDelete

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)