Jun 24, 2009

The Kooky & Creative Interior Designer, Jonathan Adler

I keep reading about this Jonathan Adler character on the blogs I follow. I did a little research and I can't believe it's taken me this long to know who he is! I've decided he's my new God. This guy is a genius! He actually has a cool story too. He learned about pottery as a kid at Summer Camp. As an adult, he decided he would be a potter. He showed some of his samples to Barney's in NYC and they placed orders! He continued his art with furniture, textiles, and so on, and now has stores all over the U.S. He's also one of the celebrity judges for Bravo's Top Design reality show!

Anyway, I read that he has a store on Lincoln Road and I headed straight there on my lunch break today. Oh. My. God. It's the most adorable store I've ever seen! Here is a pic of what it looks like.Although some of his creations are a little quirky, and I admit I probably wouldn't use it in my home, I still love it all! Here are some examples of his designs.
And here's the best part, after coming straight home to continue the research, I found that he was the mastermind behind Barbie's Malibu Dream House for Barbie's 50th Anniversary. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here. But I beg you, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch Jonathan Adler's video tour of the Dream House. If you don't have the time, see some pics below. It's every girl's dream!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)